Tuesday 11 August 2015

Summer | Roadtrips & Reflection





Hey Guys,

Today I want to talk about road trips. I recently went on a road trip with my parents. We were the whole day travelling.I have always been a fan of long car journeys. But this one was a lot of fun. Naturally when you are away from the internet & in the midst of the mountains a lot of things cross your mind.

Driving through the mountains can be very calming and peaceful & I really recommend it if you are an anxious person or if you have a lot on your mind.
I was the whole day without the internet just me & my thoughts for 5 hours in the car. However I did bring a few things to keep me company.




What I brought -
Shane Dawson s book 'I Hate My Selfie', in this book Shane takes a light hearted look at his life in the form of  short comedic stories.
& All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven I have only started this book but have been wanting to read it for a while now. I know it has been compared to The Fault in Our Stars & Eleanor & Park so I'm excited to read it. It is also set to be made into a movie staring Ellie Fanning.
My notebook & a pen where I jot down all of my thought, ideas and lists. I bring this with me almost all of the time. You never know when an idea will hit you!
I also brought my sunglasses & strawberry carmex with me you have to be prepared for all kinds of weather.
What I ate - We stopped in this small family owned pub/restaurant there was barely anyone there & it seemed very derelict. But the staff were so friendly & the atmosphere was so cosy. I ate a vegetable quiche.quiche. I've had quiche before but never vegetable. It came with salad & home-made chips.
What I listened to - Saint Raymond 'As We Are Now' & Ed Sheeran 'Photograph', 'Runaway' 'Afire Love' & 'Nina'

On the way home we drove past this beautiful dock on this river, the sun had just set & it was really beautiful - I know the picture is blurry but I kind of like it.

Leave me a comment telling me what you listen to on long car journeys.

Love always,
Nixie xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow
Powered By Blogger