Wednesday 6 January 2016

What I learned in 2015



Hey guys,

Today I will be sharing with you a few lessons I have learned throughout 2015.
I keept the list quiet short as I only wanted to include the more meaningful lessons of 2015.
Grab your snorkel cause shits bout to get deep.


1. Its Ok to be sad 

I learned this in early January of 2015 & I remember specially thinking of the idea to do this blog post then. I hadn't realised until this but I never allowed myself to be sad for more than 20 mins. I don't know why this was, I think it was a feeling of guilt. A feeling that I have to live a happy positive & optimistic life & every time I would feel sad I would be wasting my life being negative Which I now realise is not the case, its important to allow yourself to lie on your bed and cry for hours ( lord knows I did ) if thats what you're feeling. Allowing myself to be sad has made me more appreciative of the times when I am genuinely happy.

2. Don't pin all of your happiness on one thing.

Before Halloween my friends and I were drowning in school work and exams. The one thing getting me through was knowing we were going to have an amazing night out on Halloween ( my favourite holiday of the year). Needless to say I was very excited. However, not everything goes to plan and it ended up being the worst night out I have ever had. Its funny to look back because I can laugh about it now. But at the time I was so low and disappointed and the thought of going back to school to drown in work was enough to make me want to hibernate for the rest of the year.


3. Sometimes you need to not give a f**k

I'll admit I'm a bit of a perfectionist and when things like my make-up or outfit isn't 'just right' I get frustrated. However I have tried this new thing where I don't give a shit and go out and have a great time anyway. Turns out the nights where your not worried about your hair or your lipstick can be an amazing care free night. I highly recommend it. Also big thanks to my friends for their patience with me when I get pissed off at stupid things like my make-up.

Leave me a comment telling me what you have learned in 2015, I'd love to know.

See you soon!
Love always, 
Nixie


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow
Powered By Blogger